Conditions of using our website
1.This website promotes the business referred to on it. In these conditions, we will refer to this business as the ‘Advertiser’.
2.A wide range of intellectual property rights are used in and relating to this website, including:
- the trade marks and logos of the Advertiser;
- the design, text, graphics and other content of the web pages on this website, together with all the web addresses associated with those web pages; and
- all the software used in relation to this website.
3.The Advertiser is either the owner or the authorised licensee of these intellectual property rights.
About these conditions
4.If you access or use any part of this website you agree to these conditions. If you do not want to agree to these conditions, do not access or use this website.
5.We may change these conditions at any time without giving you notice. Please check these conditions from time to time for any changes. By continuing to use the website you agree to all the changes we make to these conditions.
Using this website
7.You cannot use this website:
- for any unlawful purpose;
- to send spam;
- to harm, threaten, abuse or harass another person, or in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or is unacceptable or damaging to us, our customers or suppliers;
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend your own or someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on us or our suppliers’ communications and technical systems as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
8.You use the website at your own risk.
9.You should not rely on the website for advice.
10.As far as the relevant laws allow, we do not guarantee that:
- there will be no problems with how you use the website; or
- the computer or server you use to log on to the website is free of viruses or other harmful programs.
Limits to our liability
11.There is no limit to what we and the people who provide our services will be liable for if someone dies or is injured because of our negligence or because we have committed fraud.
12.Under no circumstances will the Advertiser, the owner or operator of this website, or any of their group companies, employees, officers or agents, or any other organisation involved in creating, producing, maintaining or distributing the website be liable for any loss of:
- business or business opportunities;
- savings you expect to make;
- use of, or corruption to information; or
13.If we do not keep to these conditions, they will only be liable for losses you have suffered as a direct result. We are not liable to you for any other losses whether such losses are because we have not kept to our obligations or contract, because of something we have done or not done in negligence, due to defamatory statements or liability for a product or otherwise as a result of:
- using or relying on the website;
- not being able to use the website;
- any mistake, fault, failure to do something, missing information, or virus on the website or if it does not work properly because of incidents outside of our control such as (but not limited to) interruptions to communication and networks and circumstances beyond our control;
- theft, destruction of information or someone getting access to our records, programs or services without our permission;
- goods, products, services or information received through or advertised on any website which we link to from this website; or
- any information, data, message or other material which you email, post, upload, reproduce, send, or otherwise distribute or receive using the website.
The whole agreement
14.These conditions make up the whole agreement between you and us in how you use the website. If a court decides that a condition is not valid, the rest of the conditions will still apply.
15.The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the website from other places around the world. Although, these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.
1.The information collected and used
If you use this website, you are in control of what information is collected, but if you choose not to share your information, you may not be able to access or use some areas of this website.
1a.How information is collected
This information may be collected, stored and used when you use this website and when you call the Advertiser.
1b.What information is collected
The information collected and held may include but is not limited to:
- information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, the website (including your IP address, approximate geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views);
- if you call the Advertiser, your phone and/or mobile phone number and the time, date and day of the week and length of your call; and
- any other information you may provide to the provider of this site.
1c.Using cookies or other on-device storage
2.How information collected is used
2a.When you use this website
2b.Customisation of this website and advert targeting
The information collected when you use this website may be used to build up a picture of your interests. This information may be used to try to make sure that when you visit or use the website, you don’t miss offers and information that might interest you. This is called advert targeting.
2c.Tracking how the website is used
Information may be collected about activity on the website, or other organisations may be used to collect it and to share it. This information is used to:
- analyse statistics;
- track pages and paths used by visitors to, or users of, the website;
- target the adverts or offers, such as banners, on the website and on the websites of other organisations; and
- track the use of the internet banner adverts and other links from marketing partners’ websites to this website.
2d.Analysing call volumes
If you call the Advertiser using the number featured on the website, we may record your phone number, the time, date, day of the week and length of the call and certain details about whether the call was answered or not. This information will be shared with the Advertiser and used to analyse the effectiveness of the website.
3.Disclosure of your information
Your information may be passed to one or more of the following organisations:
- the Advertiser;
- data processing companies, mailing houses and other third party suppliers; and
- government and enforcement agencies and the police.
Occasionally, this may involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area.
Every now and again, requests are received for information from government departments, the police and other enforcement agencies. If this happens, and there is a proper legal basis for providing your information, it will be provided to the organisation asking for it.
4.Where your information is processed
When your information is used as described in section 2, this may occasionally involve sending your information outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Where this is done, appropriate steps are taken to protect your information. By using this website, you agree that your information may be transferred, stored and processed outside the EEA.
5.How your information is kept secure
The security of information is taken very seriously. Technology and security policies are in place to protect the information held.
What cookies are used on this Website:
The cookies we and our business partners use on this website are broadly grouped into the following categories:
Essential – Some of the cookies on our website are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this would be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on the website or which allows communication between your browser and the website. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our website without these cookies.
Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our website. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our website or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited the website once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our website was performing and improve it without these cookies.
How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
Please note that we can’t always control third party cookies stored on your machine from our website and where this is the case you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below.
If you want to reject cookies we use from this website you will need to:
- delete the cookies from your browser. Most browsers also allow you to prevent all or some cookies being stored on your machine in the future. For more information on how to delete or disable cookies from your browser please use the “help” function within your browser or alternatively visit www.allaboutcookies.org. By deleting our cookie preference cookie the next time you visit this website the cookie message bar will appear again inviting you to again reconsider your preferences; and/or
- if you only want to reject some or all of the third party cookies you will need to visit the relevant third party’s website directly to manage cookies stored on your machine by them. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below
Please be aware that disabling cookies may impact the functionality of this website.
Third party cookies:
Some of the cookies described in the “What Cookies are used on this Website” section above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our website. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
- Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below; and/or
|Third Party||Type of cookies|
|Adobe / Omniture||AnalyticsOmniture provide anonymised data about the visits made to our website and allows us to test and evaluate the best ways to present our website to our users.|
|AnalyticsGoogle provides anonymised data about the visits made to our website. Social SharingGoogle also store cookies which allow the “Google +” social sharing functionality.|
|AddThis||AnalyticsAddThis provides anonymised data about how many users are sharing content on our website. Social SharingAddThis store cookies which allow the social sharing functionality on social networks such as Facebook. Interest-Based AdvertisingAddThis tools may also collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.|
|Social SharingFacebook store cookies which allow the Facebook “Like” social sharing functionality but only if you click on the Facebook “Like” button on our website or log in to hibu using your Facebook account.|
|Social SharingTwitter also store cookies which allow their social sharing functionality including the “Tweet” function and to generate usage information during your visit to our website.|
|eBay / Doubleclick||Interest-Based Advertisinge Bay may have cookies dropped on their behalf in order to collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.|
|AOL||Interest-Based Advertising AOL cookies may also collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.|
|iPromote||Interest-Based AdvertisingiPromote cookies also collect data for the purpose of interest-based advertising.|
If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium’s website.
We may update this policy from time to time so you may want to check it each time you visit our website. We last changed this policy on 28 October 2013.